PADI Drift Diver
Just go with the flow and let the currents do the work for you. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater using scuba equipment. Improve your buoyancy and air consumption and drift along the reef enjoying the scenery – the boat will come and pick you up.
The PADI Drift Diver course is an excellent way to practice your buoyancy skills and see more of the reef .
Along with drift diving techniques and procedures, you’ll receive an introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines and reels and get an overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects. You also can practice navigation and communication during two drift dives and learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current.
Duration: 1 day
Number of dives: 2
Certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization
- 12 years of age or older.
Also check out our Advanced Open Water Course as the first dive of this Specialty can be credited to this course.
What you get
- The PADI Drift Diver Manual
- Full equipment rental
- Highly qualified and professional scuba instructors and staff
- Academics can be completed while sunbathing in Sihanoukville or sight-seeing in Phnom Penh
- PADI certification
On the boat
- Overnight stay or day trip, plus all the snorkelling you can handle
- Dormitory sleeping with mattresses, sheets and blankets if overnight
- All meals, full breakfasts, lunches, hot dinner and non-alcoholic drinks, fruit and snacks
- Two deck boat - Sun deck plus shaded lower deck
- Onboard Washrooms, fresh water showers and western toilet
- Advancing your PADI diving skills is a learning experience you aren't quick to forget. Doing it in Cambodia will ensure you have an amazing dive without giving up any measure of safety, professionalism, quality of instruction or diving locations.
- Cost: Please add US$100 to day trip or overnight trip price.