PADI Assistant Instructor – AI
PADI Assistant Instructors and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Assistant Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Choosing the right place to start your career can mean the difference between just being a qualified dive professional and being an employed dive professional. Our combination of International Course Director and experienced IDC Staff will ensure that you have personalized attention and the most up to date knowledge and resources available. Throughout your period of training, our staff will provide you with all the support that you need to fulfill all your goals. We have many contacts with dive operators in Asia and with our job placement service we can help you to get you started on the right track.
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Most dive professionals complete the entire IDC and go on to attend an Instructor Examination (IE), which is the final step to earn a PADI Instructor certification. However, if you are short of time and do not have the 14 days for the full IDC, it is possible to do the Assistant Instructor course as a 4 day stand-alone course.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It's a great way to gain experience in order to a PADI open water Instructor.
The Scuba Gear You Use
- All standard diving gear is included in the price though we recommend you purchase mask, fins, snorkel and dive computer as a minimum
- It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills and you will also find it easier to gain employment. As we are ScubaPro and Saekodive dealers, we can give you great discounts on dive equipment.
To qualify for training as a PADI Assistant Instructor, you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or Divemaster from another training organization (contact us for qualifying credentials)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the IDC. You need 100 logged dives to take the IE
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and submit a medical form signed by a physician within the last 12 months
If you do not have any of the pre-requisites, contact us for internship options.
What you get
- Extended 4 day AI program
- IDC Crewpak also needed for OWSI which includes: Confined & Open Water Instructor Cue Cards, Adventures in Diving Instructor Cue Cards, Rescue Instructor Cue Cards, DM Instructor Cue Cards, OW & CW Lesson Planning Slates, Rescue Exam, PADI`s Guide to Teaching Manual, Digital Specialty Course Instructor, OW Quizzes and Exams, DM exams and Backpack
- Dive theory on-line
- Flexible schedule and training program
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access at our dive centre
- The use of our PADI Resource Library (Books and Videos)
- Job Placement Program with our extended global network.
- Equipment and compressor workshop
- Visa Assistance and support
- Access to great discounts on dive equipment
- Staffed by an experienced team of AWARD Winning Dive Instructors.
- Becoming an Assistant Instructor with Scuba Nation GO PRO Academy in Cambodia is an experience you will never forget. Although it is one of the cheapest places in the world to dive, you aren't giving up any measure of safety, professionalism, quality of instruction or diving locations.
- Purchased as a package: Course Cost: $600, Materials Cost: $725