PADI Specialty Instructor
Dive more, have more fun and teach about your favourite subjects. The Specialty Instructor courses provide valuable teaching tips and this will not only enable you to teach the specialties but give you added practice in both classroom and open water presentations and increase your marketability as a PADI Professional.
Completing the Specialty Instructor courses with our PADI Course Director, Gerard Leenen, means that to apply for this rating you will only need 10 experience dives in each particular specialty rather than 20 and a minimum number of certifications is not required so you can teach the courses straight away.
There are a wide variety of PADI Instructor Specialty Courses along with any distinctive specialty courses your CD may offer. Having five Specialty Instructor ratings is a prerequisite for the PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) rating and the next step in your career.
Most Popular Instructor Specialties
- PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor Course
- PADI Digital U/W Photography Instructor Course
- PADI Deep Diver Instructor Course
- PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider
- PADI Equipment Specialist
- PADI Naturalist Specialty Instructor Course
The Scuba Gear You Use
- It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills and you will also find it easier to gain employment. You can find most everything at Scuba Nation PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre.
- You will need to equip yourself with all the basic scuba gear, some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc as well as two scuba signalling devices —one audible and one visual.