Emergency First Response Instructor – EFRI
CPR and first aid are key skills that are important to everyone, not just scuba divers. As an Emergency First Response Instructor, you teach skills based on internationally recognized emergency care guidelines, and you can offer courses to anyone. Prior to gaining teaching status as a PADI Instructor you must become certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor.
Scuba Nation GO PRO Academy’s Emergency First Response Instructor Course provides qualified Emergency First Responders with additional training necessary to teach the Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR), Secondary Care (First Aid) and Care for Children (CFC) courses. This 2 day course builds on your skills as a primary and secondary care provider and focuses on developing your instructional abilities. You will learn through independent study, classroom sessions and practice teaching assignments how to conduct the Emergency First Response programs.
If you are a current CPR/first aid Instructor with another qualifying organization you may choose to earn the Emergency First Response Instructor rating by completing a prescribed program based on portions of the Emergency First Response Instructor Course or the Emergency First Response Instructor Crossover Program. This program will give you credit for your teaching experience and focuses on familiarizing you with the Emergency First Response program philosophy and structure.
To enrol in an Emergency First Response Instructor Course, you must:
- Have completed a sanctioned course in adult CPR and basic first aid within the past 24 months*
- Be at least 18 years old
* If you are a practicing medical professional (e.g. paramedic, EMT, nurse, doctor) you can enroll without having taken the provider-level courses within the past 24 months
If you do not have any of the pre-requisites, contact us for options.
Your role as an EFR Instructor is to be a coach who creates a positive learning environment. Along with learning how to structure and organize EFR courses, you will practice presenting course content, evaluating student understanding and skill mastery during hands-on skills practice and managing effective scenario-based learning experiences.
What you get
- 2 day extended course and practice
- Flexible schedule and training program
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care Instructor Guide
- Emergency First Response Care for Children Instructor Guide
- Emergency First Response CPR&AED Instructor guide
- Emergency First Response Course Knowledge Reviews
- Gauze pads and dressings for bandaging practice
- Becoming an EFR Instructor with Scuba Nation GO PRO Academy in Cambodia is an experience you will never forget. Although it is one of the cheapest places in the world to learn, you aren't giving up any measure of safety, professionalism or quality of instruction.
- Purchased as a package: Course Cost: $400 Materials cost: $170
Not included are the PADI application fees which you pay directly to PADI