PADI Self Reliant Diver
Although most scuba dives are made with a buddy, an experienced diver may want or need to make dives without a partner. During the Self-Reliant Diver course, you learn about potential risks of diving alone and the value of equipment redundancy and necessary back-up gear. During three scuba dives, you develop skills for self-reliance and independence, while becoming a stronger partner in a dive pair or team.
If you are a photographer, Instructor or Dive Master, Travelling, or considering moving to Tech Diving then you should consider taking this course.
Duration: 2 days
Number of dives: 1 confined session & 3 open water dives
What will you learn
- Use of Redundant Air Sources
- DSMB Deployment
- Independent emergency management and equipment
- SAC and Dive Planning
Also check out our Advanced Open Water Course as the first dive of this Specialty can be credited to this course.
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization
- 100 logged dives
- 18 years of age or older.
What you get
- The PADI Self Reliant Diver Knowledge review
- Full equipment rental
- Highly qualified and professional scuba instructors and staff
- Academics can be completed while sunbathing in Sihanoukville or sight-seeing in Phnom Penh
- PADI certification
On the boat
- Overnight stay or day trip, plus all the snorkelling you can handle
- Dormitory sleeping with mattresses, sheets and blankets if overnight
- All meals, full breakfasts, lunches, hot dinner and non-alcoholic drinks, fruit and snacks
- Two deck boat – Sun deck plus shaded lower deck
- Onboard Washrooms, fresh water showers and western toilet
- Advancing your PADI diving skills is a learning experience you aren’t quick to forget. Doing it in Cambodia will ensure you have an amazing dive without giving up any measure of safety, professionalism, quality of instruction or diving locations.
- Cost: Please add US$230 to day trip or overnight trip price.